Thursday, October 7, 2010

Oh How I LOVE Being Crafty...

Homemade Wedding Gifts:

Homemade wedding gifts are good for a few reasons:

1. You know not a single person will be giving the same gift
2. They are way more personable than say...A GIFT CARD. ( I know some people do LOVE gift cards but in my opinion it couldn't get anymore un-personable. I mean a gift card basically says, "I don't know you well enough to know what you like or I just don't give a damn!) Ok so back on topic....

Here are some fantastic ideas for homemade wedding gifts:

1. Jams, jellies, honey, pickles...etc. I mean come on, It's not like we don't make these in the summer anyways. Throw a cute piece of fabric under the lid and secure with a bow!



2. Cooking basket including your family favorite recipes. A new bride will love trying these new recipes for her husband..or the other way around:)

3. Wreath for the door. All of you Hobby Lobby Fans (Yes, I'm in love too) take a trip out there and make your new couple a beautiful new wreath for their house.
4. Like to sew? How about using your creativity to sew the family Christmas stocking (provided that they do celebrate Christmas) Add cute things like fur, buttons, ribbon and pearls.

I love all of these ideas and I know your wedding couple would appreciate the thoughtfullness. If you aren't so crafty; go buy these items and put them in a cute basket secured with a ribbon! Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment